Admissions Requirements for International Students
International students are advised to begin the admission process as early as possible prior to the time they wish to enter Westcliff University because of the tests required, delays in international mail, etc. To apply to Westcliff University, international students must submit the following materials:
- Initial F-1 Students (Seeking an F-1 Visa for the First time) – CLICK HERE
- Transfer F-1 Students (Seeking to Transfer into our University) – CLICK HERE
- Download International Student Clearance Form – CLICK HERE
- Download Affidavit of Support – CLICK HERE
English Language Proficiency Assessment
A. Prospective students whose native language is not English and who have not earned a degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must demonstrate college-level proficiency in English through one of the following for admission:
- Undergraduate Degree: A minimum score of 500 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 61 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 44 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
A high school diploma completed at an accredited/recognized high school (where the medium of instruction is English).
- Master’s Degree: A minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 71 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 50 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
- First Professional Degree or Professional Doctoral Degree: A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 80 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 58 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.
- A minimum score on the College Board Accuplacer ESL Exam Series as follows:
ESL Language Use: Score of 85
ESL Listening: Score of 80
ESL Reading: Score of 85
ESL Sentence Meaning: Score of 90
ESL Writeplacer: Score of 4
Comprehensive Score for all exams of 350
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam;
- A minimum B-2 English proficiency level identified within the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) standards and assessed through various ESOL examinations, including the University of Cambridge;
- A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester credit hours with an average grade of “C” or higher at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or accepted foreign equivalent that is listed in the International Handbook of Universities where the language of instruction was English. A “B” or higher is required for master’s degree, first professional degree, or professional doctoral degree.
B. Transcripts not in English must be evaluated by an appropriate third party and translated into English or evaluated by a trained transcript evaluator fluent in the language on the transcript. In this case, the evaluator must have expertise in the educational practices of the country of origin and include an English translation of the review.
Should you have any questions about joining other Westcliff University International Students, please call us at 888-491-8686.