Learning, Innovation, and Teaching Excellence
This center is designed to enhance educational effectiveness through investment in innovative teaching.
CAPRI – The Westcliff Exceptional Learning Experience
At Westcliff University, we design learning experiences for our diverse student body to address their aspirations for career development and advancement in the modern world. Our courses and programs challenge students to apply concepts in their chosen fields of study as a means of enhancing their understanding and expanding their critical thinking. Building on over a century of research in how adult students effectively learn, we developed the CAPRI model to ensure our curriculum and instruction align with the needs of our students to create an optimal learning experience.
The CAPRI model at Westcliff ensures that learning is Contextualized, Applied, Practical, Relevant, and Inclusive.
The Westcliff University Learning, Innovation and Teaching Excellence (LITE) Center aims to educate, inspire and empower faculty and students through the pursuit of innovative teaching excellence.
The center supports faculty development and enhanced curriculum design to curate a culture dedicated to professional growth, collaboration, and academic excellence.
- Collaborate with faculty, faculty senate committees, and program advisory councils to perpetually enhance the development of assessment, teaching, and curriculum
- Promote self-reflective teaching practices and emphasizing professional experience to enhance student learning and engagement
- Foster and highlight collaborative initiatives in the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Create a supportive network and availability of quality resources to enrich faculty experience and involvement
- Encourage scholar-practitioners in their pursuit of innovative research, professional involvement, and contributions to the advancement of academia
- Utilize the experience and knowledge of faculty members to promote excellence through the collaborative sharing of best practices through engagement in a community of practice (CoP)
- Provide professional development opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of instruction and wealth of knowledge on campus
- Recognize and rewarding faculty for their innovative contributions to the teaching and learning environment of the overall community
- Offer ongoing support and training on advances in technological systems and instructional approaches to support active learning environments
- Bridge campus program resources with the needs of faculty and students
Students benefit from the LITE Center through the:
- Academic Resource Center
- Writing Center
- Student Support Services
The LITE Center works closely with the Provost, Faculty Senate and Committees, Deans, Program Chairs and Core Faculty for the College of Business, College of Education, and College of Technology & Engineering.