The Westcliff University Learning, Innovation, and Teaching Excellence (LITE) Center aims to educate, inspire, and empower faculty and students through the pursuit of Innovative Teaching Excellence.
To curate a campus culture dedicated to professional growth, collaboration, and academic excellence, we strive to:
- Collaborate with faculty, faculty senate committees, and program advisory councils to perpetually enhance the development of assessment, teaching, and curriculum
- Promote self-reflective teaching practices and emphasizing professional experience to enhance student learning and engagement
- Foster and highlight collaborative initiatives in the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Create a supportive network and availability of quality resources to enrich faculty experience and involvement
- Encourage scholar practitioners in their pursuit of innovative research, professional involvement, and contributions to the advancement of academia
- Utilize the experience and knowledge of faculty members to promote excellence through the collaborative sharing of best practices through engagement in a community of practice (CoP)
- Provide professional development opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of instruction and wealth of knowledge on campus
- Recognize and rewarding faculty for their innovative contributions to the teaching and learning environment of the overall community
- Offer ongoing support and training on advances in technological systems and instructional approaches to support active learning environments
- Bridge campus program resources with the needs of faculty and students
Students: Book your appointment with a content specialist today.