The Westcliff MA TESOL program prepares you for a career in TESOL instruction or administration. At Westcliff University you will
- Work with diverse students, make teaching demonstrations, and lead projects based on the latest research in the TESOL field
- Build a foundation in TESOL principles for teaching and for administration
- Develop your ability to think critically and problem solve creatively
- Take advantage of workshops and guest speaker presentations, offered throughout the year on both online and hybrid programs.
- Network with students and faculty working in diverse TESOL backgrounds
- Equally important, you will learn from professors who are experienced TESOL instructors, administrators, and curriculum and program developers
The mission of the MA TESOL Program is to prepare students to be competent and reflective TESOL professionals in the global community who possess the breadth and depth of knowledge in the theories and pedagogy necessary for varied ESOL teaching contexts and student needs.
MA TESOL Program Description
MA TESOL Program produces graduates with the skills to train teaching faculty who excel in their roles as educators, creative scholars, and researchers. This program will prepare teachers for a wide variety of positions both in the US and abroad. Our students will be equipped with the specialized knowledge and field skills for teaching English to speakers of other languages. Upon graduation, they will be competent professional educators with demonstrable leadership skills.
The performance outcomes which are required for the completion of the program include: class participation, response to discussion questions, writing research papers, group assignments, case study analyses, quizzes, mid-term and final examinations (Comprehensive Learning Assessments).