Westcliff University proudly commits to the success of America’s sailors, soldiers, airmen, Marines, and coastguardsmen who have served this country.
We understand the sacrifices and devotion to duty that is required to be a member of the United States Military. Westcliff University is committed to ensuring the pursuit of your degree meets your career objectives and our staff will go above and beyond to keep that promise.
Whether you’re enhancing your role in the military or transitioning into a civilian career, you’ll find affordable, career-focused programs that can help you with your endeavors. Our staff is honored to assist service members, veterans, and military spouses and dependents with support and flexibility for your unique needs. Westcliff understands your educational journey is personal, and we want to help you achieve your dreams.
Westcliff University offers:
- Bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees
- 21 areas of study including business, education, technology, and law
- Distinguished faculty with real-world experience
- Personalized learning to develop skills for career goals
- Mentorship from faculty & program advisors
- We can help you transfer credits and enroll in a 100% online career-driven program
For more information regarding the admissions process, please contact our Military Outreach Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Active-Duty and Veteran Education Benefits:
Westcliff University offers programs that are approved by the Department of Veteran Affairs based on the GI Bill® and the Department of Military Tuition Assistance program. Your eligibility for VA education benefits is determined by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Service members and their families may use the GI Bill® education benefits to pay the cost of tuition and many other education services. To determine which chapter of the GI Bill® Education Benefit best fits your needs and goals you should contact a Veteran Service Officer (VSO) at the nearest VA facility or call 800-442-4551 and follow the prompts.
Once your eligibility is determined you should receive a Certificate of Eligibility or (COE) upon request. When you have determined a timeframe to pursue your degree the COE and your DD-214 are the two critical documents that will assist the college admissions department in determining your degree path and how much your VA Education Benefit will fray the cost.
‘‘GI Bill®’’ is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
DoD Tuition Assistance:
The Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance (TA) program provides financial assistance to servicemembers for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of professional development. TA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or distance learning and are part of an approved academic degree or certificate program. The courses must be offered by schools that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and are signatories of the current DoD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (DoD MOU).
The Post-9/11 GI Bill®
The Post-9/11 GI Bill® helps you pay for school or job training. If you’ve served on active duty after September 10, 2001, you may qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33). To qualify, at least one of these must be true:
- You served at least 90 days on active duty (either all at once or with breaks in service on or after September 11, 2001, or
- You received a Purple Heart on or after September 11, 2001, and were honorably discharged after any amount of service, or
- You served for at least 30 continuous days (all at once, without a break in service) on or after September 11, 2001, and were honorably discharged with a service-connected disability, or
- You’re a dependent child using benefits transferred by a qualifying Veteran or service member
Yellow Ribbon Program:
The Yellow Ribbon Program can help you pay for higher out-of-state, private school, foreign school, or graduate tuition and fees that the Post 9/11 GI Bill® does not cover. Under this program, Westcliff University has entered into an agreement with the VA to help fund the additional expenses for students utilizing Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits who are 100% eligible. For more information on the Yellow Ribbon Program, please visit https://www.vets.gov/education/gibill/yellow-ribbon/
Montgomery GI Bill® Active-Duty
If you served at least 2 years on active duty, you may qualify for benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill® Active-Duty program.
Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
If you’re a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard, or Air National Guard, find out if you qualify for education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve program.
VA Education Benefits for Survivors and Dependents
Find out if you’re eligible for VA education benefits for dependents and survivors (also called Chapter 35 benefits). If you’re a dependent spouse or child—or the surviving spouse or child—of a Veteran, you may qualify for Chapter 35 benefits or job training through a GI Bill® program.
The VA offers entrepreneurship training through the Small Business Administration. You must qualify for one of these programs:
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- The Montgomery GI Bill®, Active Duty (MGIB-AD) or Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- The Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
License and Certification Testing
- We’ll pay for tests for as many approved licenses or certifications as you’d like
- We’ll pay for tests even if you don’t score high enough to get your license or certification- you can take them as many times as you need
- We’ll pay for you to retake a test you passed if you need to take it again to get recertified or retain a license you already have
- We won’t pay for fees or costs related to getting the actual license or certification document
- We won’t pay more than $2,000 in fees for one test
If you are using VA educational assistance, and you are struggling with the coursework, VA may help you by paying for a tutor. VA will pay up to $100 per month for tutoring up to a total of $1,200. To be eligible for this benefit all of the following must be true:
- You are enrolled in an educational program for half time or more
- You are taking a course that is difficult
- You must take the course as part of your educational program
Useful Sites for Military Tuition Assistance
U.S. Army and Reserves: Army Ignited
U.S. Air Force: Air Force Education Portal
U.S. Navy – Marine Corps and Coast Guard: Navy Education Portal
California Army and Air National Guard: Army Ignited
Our Military Outreach Advisor travels to US Military Installations to participate in educational and career service events that are approved by the DoD and sponsored by your area Educational Service Officer (ESO) or Educational Service Specialist. Contact him for more information @ email@example.com